Even death can’t stop Brock! July 6, 2010Posted by skribbel24 in WWE.
Brock Lesnar got pounded a million times in the face and still went on to finish the fight with a submission. Who can stop Brock Lesnar? Johnny Lawrence from WF made some very interesting points about this fight, to wit:
I think it depends on what everyone learned from last night (including Brock, Carwin, and Velasquez) and how they adapt their training and strategies to that.
- We learned that Lesnar’s chin is great and he’s hard to knock out, so blowing your wad trying to do it in less than 5 minutes is poor strategy.
- We learned that Carwin needs a combination of better cardio and better pacing (i.e., know when to slow yourself down).
- We learned that somebody is definitely trying to teach Lesnar submissions and Brock is capable of spotting the opening for a choke and willing to take advantage of it (doesn’t make him a submissions wizard, but it does add one more element for his opponents to train to avoid).
- We learned Brock can fight through pain and avoid being overwhelmed (so trying to overwhelm him with strikes is more of a gamble… your stamina vs. Brock’s will to keep fighting).
- We learned that a good wrestler can hang with Brock on the ground so long as he’s inflicting enough damage to keep control (otherwise, it’s a matter of time before Brock’s power and wrestling ability put him back in the advantage).
All of those things are fascinating because I trust that Lesnar, Carwin and Velasquez will take them into account in future training and game-planning. So if Carwin and Lesnar rematch at some point after Velasquez fights Brock, I doubt either guy will make the same mistakes… which makes it a whole new fight, and really fascinating to think about.